Looking for new challenges as a captain in inland shipping? Then this job opening is a perfect opportunity for you!
As the captain of an inland shipping vessel, you are responsible for safely transporting and loading the cargo and navigating the ship from point A to point B. You must have extensive knowledge of the shipping routes, including the Rhine. As captain, you are responsible for company policy and its execution, including administrative aspects such as documents and consignment notes. You are also responsible for ensuring that the ship is properly maintained and cleaned, either by you or by other crew members. You must also actively direct the other crew members such as sailors/helmsmen in the performance of their daily deck duties and other work.
- Can handle stress; flexible, good communicator, independent;
- Competent and able to function in a responsible supervisory position;
- Can handle being away from home for long periods;
- Able to live alongside and cooperate with one or a few co-workers for long periods;
Diplomas and certificates
- Must have a commercial vessels master’s certificate (patent) + radar;
- Must have a marine VHF radio certificate;
- A driving licence is desirable but not required;
- Rhine navigation license and ADN certificate desired.
What we offer
With regard to pay, DAVANT MARITIME SERVICES offers at least the minimum wage set by the Inland Shipping Collective Labour Agreement (CLA). The cost of travel and food/accommodation on board is also compensated. Of course, if you work via DAVANT MARITIME SERVICES, you will also have opportunities to go on training programs and courses. We like to maintain a long-term and stable relationship with our employees. We want to provide optimum guidance and offer you every opportunity to continue growing and learning in your career.
What else do we have to offer:
- Professional training opportunities;
- Fast processing of administrative data by DAVANT MARITIME SERVICES;
- Compensation of travel, food and accommodation costs for personnel;
- Work clothing/company clothing for personnel (PPE).
DAVANT MARITIME SERVICES is looking for personnel with an interest in and affinity for inland shipping. Maybe you’ve worked on ships before and would like to come back to the work, or maybe you are just getting started. If so, we can do something for each other. Are you interested? Would you like to know more?
Phone us on: +31 85 02 15 738 or send your motivation and curriculum vitae to email@example.com. Once we have received your application we will contact you for an intake and introductory interview.